Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
SAVE 20% This bundle includes five radio plays, appropriate for middle and high school grades. Plus, I have given you the unit I use when teaching radio theater! Strengthen your students' reading, speaking and listening skills by using radio theater plays. These radio plays are being used in distance learning. #DistancelearningTT
(If you are looking for Google classroom versions I have two, check out: Google Classroom Version of Radio Theater Unit and Play)
ATTENTION: If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out:
"Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
Or if you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
Each radio play product includes:
- Letter for the teacher
- The rationale for teaching radio theater
- Brief biographies on Oscar Wilde, H.G. Welles and William Clark Russell, Grimms Brothers
- An original radio play written by an award-winning author, me!
- Radio play scripts dramatized specifically for the classroom (average 25 pages in length)--great for differentiation!
- Sound and music cues
- Sound effects list
- Music suggestions
- Radio theater terms
- Staging suggestions
The radio theater unit (10 days in length and nearly 30 pages) includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Lesson on the history of radio theater
- Information about Foley engineers
- Three links to video clips of Foleys
- Student created sound effect project
- Five links to radio play performances (some vintage and some recent)
- Lesson in writing and producing radio commercials
- Links to four commercials and two acting exercises focused on sound effects
- Procedure plan to follow throughout the unit
- Teacher’s script--what I say and how I say it!
- Sound effects quiz
- Student group example of a radio commercial
- Trivia about radio theater stars
- page demonstrating how to direct a radio play
- floor plan for blocking and an explanation of the floor plan
- page advising what certain stage directions mean which are specif
Perform them for the school, a parent open house or the end of the semester. You can spend one-day studying radio theater or several days. Either way, they are ready to go--just copy and start in on the fun!
Time Tested by Veteran Award Winning Teacher of 38 years, these plays are winners!
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would!Follow me
Find more Dramamommaspeaks products:
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Your products are always clever and unique! Thank you!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.