IMPROVED! This THREE WEEK radio theater unit, over 60 pages in length, with roles for 15+ students, is suitable for middle and high school drama classes or upper elementary gifted classes and includes:
- A lesson on the history of radio theater
- Information about Foley engineers
- Three links to video clips of Foley engineers
- Student-created sound effect project
- Five links to radio play performances (some vintage and some recent)
- A mini-lesson in writing and producing radio commercials
- Links to four commercials and two acting exercises focused on sound effects
- Procedure plan to follow day by day throughout the unit
- Teacher’s script--what I say and how I say it!
- A sound effects quiz
- How to use one's voice advice
- Sound effects suggestions for play including links
- Music suggestions for play including links
- Directing suggestions and floor plan
- A student group example of a radio commercial
- Trivia about radio theater stars
- A FREE radio playscript of my adaptation of Oscar Wilde's novella, " The Ghost of Canterville" with roles for 15 students, is suitable for classroom use with roles for an average size class with NO ROYALTIES which includes sound effects and music cues all ready placed in the script for you.
In my thirty-eight years of teaching drama, this radio theater unit is one of my most popular lessons with students.
Comprehensive? You bet! This will be a successful teaching and learning experience for you created by an award-winning, veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
ATTENTION: If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out:
"Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
Or if you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
The Canterville Ghost is a story about an American family who move to a castle haunted by the ghost of a dead nobleman, who killed his wife and was starved to death by his wife's brothers. It has been adapted for the stage and screen several times.
For more information about Dramamommaspeaks products, go to:
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products!
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"