- Product Description
IMPROVED!! This THREE WEEK radio theater unit and play, nearly 80 pages in length, is suitable for middle and high school drama classes or upper elementary gifted classes and includes:
• Rationale for teaching radio theater
• A lesson on the history of radio theater
• Information about Foley engineers
• Three links to video clips of Foley engineers
• Student-created sound effect project
• Five links to radio play performances (some vintage and some recent)
• A mini-lesson in writing and producing radio commercials
• Links to four commercials and two acting exercises focused on sound effects
• Procedure plan to follow day by day throughout the unit
• Teacher’s questions for students
• Sound Effects quiz and teacher's key
• How to use one's voice advice
• Sound effects suggestions for play including links
• Music suggestions for play including links
• Directing suggestions and floor plan
• A student group example of a radio commercial
• Trivia about radio theater stars
• An ORIGINAL song reminiscent of an old sea shanty with accompaniment
• A FREE radio play script, with roles for 16 students, of my adaptation of William Russell's book, " The Frozen Pirate" suitable for classroom use with roles for an average size class with NO ROYALTIES which includes sound effect and music cues all ready placed in the script for you!
In my thirty-eight years of teaching drama, this radio theater unit is one of my most popular lessons with students.
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Comprehensive? You bet! Created by an award-winning, veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
In addition, a teacher could use this script as a distance learning lesson. #DistancelearningTPT
ATTENTION: If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out:
"Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
Or if you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
THE FROZEN PIRATE (originally published in 1887) is the bizarre story of Paul Rodney, a sailor who narrowly escapes death by shipwreck and exposure in the Straits of Magellan, then faces further peril. Embedded in the Antarctic ice is an ancient vessel, a pirate ship, filled with what seems to be frozen, contorted corpses. But they are not dead.
For more information about Dramamommaspeaks products, go to:
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products!
Lin Manuel Miranda
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
Costume Design with Fairy Tale Characters
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Storytelling with Student Created Pictures
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"