Also included in
- READING COMPREHENSION and CRITICAL THINKING | DILEMMA ONE SHEET DISTANCE LEARNING (BUNDLE)These two products are bundled together with a 10% discountPERFECT PAIRING: INFOGRAPHIC (SCOPES TRIAL) AND DILEMMA ONE SHEET #5⚫ INFOGRAPHICS USE WITH ANY TEXT rubric & student examplesThis product focuses$13.95$15.50Save $1.55
- CRITICAL THINKING: SCOPES TRIAL AND GENESIS BUNDLEREADING COMPREHENSION PASSAGES AND QUESTIONSThese 6 products are bundled together at a 20% discount. I teach GENESIS at the beginning of the semester and then the Scopes "Monkey" trial a few weeks later. These products work well together as it is g$34.20$42.75Save $8.55
- CRITICAL THINKING | DILEMMA ONE SHEET GROWING BUNDLE | DISTANCE LEARNING❤️❤️ DISCOUNTED BY 10% ❤️❤️THREE OF MY DILEMMAS ARE NOW READY FOR ONLINE DELIVERY AND I WILL WORK ON THE REST OVER THE COMING MONTHS.BONUS UPGRADE!! DILEMMAS ONE, FIVE, AND SEVEN ARE NOW READY TO GO FOR DISTANCE LEARNING! ALSO, THE$51.52$57.25Save $5.73
DISTANCE LEARNING | SCOPES TRIAL | NON-FICTION | GOOGLE SLIDES EDITION
DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#5)
GOOGLE SLIDES EDITION
My DILEMMAS are an excellent supplement to any class focusing on ethics, law, justice, argumentative writing, and debate, and they also work well as last-minute sub plans or stand-alone lessons. This product is cross-curricular and focuses on the 1st Amendment.
Is it morally permissible to censor ideas?
Tennessee vs. John Scopes
The “Monkey Trial”
⭐⭐⭐⭐This Dilemma One Sheet has a GOOGLE SLIDES INTERACTIVE component.
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
✔ A ONE SHEET DILEMMA. Traditionally one sheets are single page documents that summarize a person’s accomplishments, a product, or a film. They are sometimes used to introduce new artists and/or films. They usually contain an image or two, biographical information, and taglines. I have created these DILEMMA ONE SHEETS to help students engage in critical reasoning and to introduce them to philosophy, ethics, law, and justice. They may be used as homework or class work, individual or group work, and as seminar or debate preparation.
✔ These One Sheets are 11x17. You may print them on regular size paper - the font looks quite small but is still legible - or print them on 11x17 paper. You can also project them on the overhead so the entire class can work through the One Sheet at the same time. I create an assignment in Google Classroom where I post the PDF and then create a separate file where students can answer the questions and submit their answers. You can also take a screenshot of the questions and put them into a Slides folder along with another slide for the answers if this is easier.
✔ An example of a student answer and two Infographics that students created after working on the Dilemma One Sheet. ⭐only in the Google Slides edition
✔ An extra page of additional information for students with excerpts from the trial.
✔ Teacher notes – these are presented in the same One Sheet format - there are three 11x17 pages - so they are equivalent to FIVE pages of notes. You could use the teacher notes as part of an overhead presentation.
✔ Links to online sites for further research including links to relevant court cases, current articles on the Scopes Trial, hate speech on campuses today, fake news and the First Amendment, and more. ⭐only in the Google Slides edition
✔ There are an additional five questions with relevant links. ⭐only in the Google Slides edition
✔ Interactive version where students can type in their answers on their computer. The One Sheet and the additional extra page of trial transcripts is also online. ⭐only in the Google Slides edition
✔ The student one sheet includes the following sub-headings:
WHO THE CASE IS ABOUT
QUESTIONS (12 IN TOTAL)
Feedback on my Dilemma One Sheets:
“Sub lesson that the sub and kids thoroughly enjoyed. It has inspired me to create more of my own. Thank you for this little gem.”
“So grateful for this resource!!”
“This was apparently a perfect sub lesson for my 10th grade. So sad I missed out on it with the kids! Thanks. They had a blast with this.”
“I teach an intervention class for freshmen and they loved this little lesson! Very engaging.”
• CRITICAL THINKING ACTIVITY: DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#3) (Ethics, Justice)
If you would like this product without the Google Slides component you will find it here:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
All rights reserved by author Permission to copy for single classroom use only Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Please remember that any of the products that you download from my store are my copyrighted property and licensed only for you to share with your direct students. If another teacher wants to use these same products, they will need to purchase them directly from my TpT store, or you may purchase an additional license for them. None of my products may be shared online. Posting of my copyrighted materials may happen only in a password-protected environment, such as Google Classroom, and accessed only by your students. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Blogger, Facebook Groups, etc.) is strictly prohibited.