Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These gingerbread division math puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on games that meet the needs of all students. Use them for for your Christmas or winter math needs. They work great as activities, centers, stations, or games. With a no prep option - these are the perfect last minute resource for your 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
WHAT YOU GET:
• Three gingerbread puzzle options (14 pieces each) with 17 dividing problems for facts 0-12
• No Prep options of the three puzzles above
• Two editable rubric options
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
• Centers, stations, or rotations
• Review of division skills
• Early or fast finishers
• GATE (gifted and talented education)
• Worksheet alternatives
• Critical thinking skills
• Student, partner, or small group collaboration
• a winter or Christmas craftivity
• as part of a Gingerbread Man book study or gingerbread house building activity
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
• Absolutely loved this product! It was challenging enough for my upper level students, but still worked for my lower ones as well. I will definitely be reusing and recommending this resource
• I provided this as an extra homework assignment the students could choose to do to earn a reward. I had so many want to take this home, I had to make more copies! This would be great station too.
• This made a great sub activity during the holidays- thanks!
• These are great independent practice!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY
If you want a division puzzle you can use at ANY time of year, check out this Division Magic Square Puzzle!
There are three puzzles included in this download. Plus you also get a NO PREP option of each of those puzzles. This means there are 6 total puzzle options! Choose which option works best for your students.
These puzzles help address CCSS 3.OA.C.7
The no prep puzzles are a great option if you want students to get some fine motor cutting practice and NOT know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don't know the shape. These will be more challenging. But they are no prep – just print and go!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
Use these puzzles anytime you need a fun math activity - particularly for Christmas or winter. This gingerbread could also be used as a math supplement to any Gingerbread Man story you read during the month of December.
Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge - which is perfect to promote a growth mindset. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the gingerbread man and persevere if the task seems challenging. Tell students to rotate the pieces around and analyze what they can do differently until they fit. This is where their critical thinking and 21st Century skills will come into play!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines (or simply print the NO PREP option) and you have instant Gingerbread math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging. If you have some extra time, let your third, fourth, or fifth graders decorate the finished gingerbread. These colored masterpieces can then be used as artwork for the classroom, to help decorate a bulletin board, or be hung in the hallway to add some festive art flair. (And no administrator complaints since it's an academic activity!)
Homeschool Families: You're going to love these puzzles as a last minute, print and go resource! The next time you have a crazy hectic home school day - grab, download, and go! You'll instantly get your sanity back, fit in some academic work, AND have fun at the same time.
Answer key included! Correcting is easy when you use the original fully formed gngerbread ito ensure all the numbers are in the correct order and the shape is fully created.
Want a notification every time I post a new resource? Click here to follow my store!
Thanks for looking!
Looking for more winter holiday resources? Try these!
You'll also love these winter literacy puzzle games. They work great for December or January learning fun!