Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These Snowman Math Centers Division Puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on activities that meet the needs of all students! All three puzzles are engaging and fun for your 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students.
Let your students practice their dividing facts with these fun Snowman Shaped Puzzles. They are perfect for December, January, winter, and snowman math centers! Each of the three puzzles will have students match 18 different division problems using facts 0-12.
WHAT YOU GET:
• Three snowman puzzle options (13 pieces each) with 18 dividing problems for facts 0-12
• No Prep options of the three puzzles above
• Two editable rubric options
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
• Centers, stations, or rotations
• Review of dividing skills
• Early or fast finishers
• GATE (gifted and talented education)
• Worksheet alternatives
• Critical thinking skills
• Student, partner, or small group collaboration
• a winter or Christmas craftivity
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
• Great fun using these this past school year. I use these as part of the students interactive notebooks.
• These are such amazing critical thinking puzzles for my fourth graders....they are more difficult than they look (which I LOVE)...I have almost every set. Thank you so much for making them for each season/holiday...my kiddos get better and better at them each month!
• Love this activity!
• Fun resource, enjoyed by all students. They personalized the finished product and we hung them up for all to see. Thanks!
• My class loved this!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY
If you want a division puzzle you can use at ANY time of year, check out this Division Magic Square Puzzle!
Your third, fourth, and fifth grade classroom or homeschool students are going to LOVE these fun winter division snowman puzzles!
This will help address Common Core State Standards 3.OA.C.7
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the snowman. The circle pieces will be the most challenging. Tell students to rotate them around until they fit. This is where their critical thinking skills will come into play!
There are two options for the puzzles. One option is each of the three puzzles in its full snowman man shape. The other option is the puzzle pieces separate so students do not know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don't know the shape. These will be more challenging. Plus they are no prep – just print and go!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
These Snowman Math Centers Subtraction Puzzles are great for Christmas, winter, math centers, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills. Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from these puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant snowman math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging. HoJoSnow HoJoWint
Want an update every time I post a new resource? You'll also get my monthly newsletter right in your TpT inbox. Click here to follow my store now!
Thanks for looking!
Looking for more winter holiday resources? Try these!
Christmas Tree Multiplication Puzzles
Christmas Tree Division Puzzles
Christmas Tree Addition Puzzles
Christmas Tree Subtraction Puzzles
Gingerbread Man Multiplication Puzzles
Gingerbread Man Division Puzzles
Gingerbread Man Addition Puzzles
Gingerbread Man Subtraction Puzzles
Mitten Multiplication Puzzles
Mitten Division Puzzles
Mitten Addition Puzzles
Mitten Subtraction Puzzles
You'll also love these winter literacy puzzle games. They work great for December or January learning fun!
• Winter Literacy Center Game | Compound Words
• Winter Literacy Centers: Antonyms Snowman Puzzle
• Winter Literacy Centers: Compound Words Puzzles
• Winter Literacy Centers: Contractions
• Winter Literacy Centers: Irregular Plural Nouns
• Winter Literacy Centers: Irregular Verbs Snowman Puzzles
• Winter Literacy Centers: Synonyms Snowman Puzzle