DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis: A set of Jeopardy-style Review Games.
A FUN way to review replication, transcription and translation!
Make your review for the unit test fun, engaging and exciting with this bundled set of three jeopardy-style review games.
Topic: DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis
My students love to review using this Jeopardy Powerpoint review game format. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
This product is a bundle of three review games:
Game 1: DNA and Replication
Game 2: RNA and Transcription
Game 3: Translation and Protein Synthesis
These three games are sold separately, but you can buy the bundle at a discount.
PLEASE NOTE: These games are also included in DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis Complete Unit Plan.
The first game has 6 categories with 30 questions. The second and third games have 5 categories with 25 questions. There are many more possible questions that could be asked. If would be very easy for you to delete some of my questions and add some of your own to make this review game more applicable to your students.
The following concepts are covered on each game:
Game #1: DNA Basics and Replication
1. Genes must be able to do what three things?
2. Nucleotides: sugars, phosphates, nitrogen bases
3. The five nitrogen bases
4. Purines and pyrimidines
5. Structure of the DNA molecule
6. Historical information: Rosalind Franklin, James Watson, Francis Crick
7. Base pairing rules and complimentary bases
8. Bonding in the DNA molecule
10. Steps of replication
11. Origins of replication and replication forks
12. Enzymes: Helicases and DNA polymerases
13. DNA proofreading
14. Repairing damage to DNA: Enzymes nucleases, DNA polymerases, ligases.
Game #2: RNA and Transcription
1. The genetic code: codons, amino acids, gene expression, codon triplets specify amino acids, protein building instructions.
2. The differences between DNA and RNA
3. The three types of RNA and the function of each type.
4. Transcription: definition, purpose, result, steps in transcription
5. RNA processing and editing: why RNA must be modified, introns, exons
Game #3: Translation and Protein Synthesis
1. The Genetic Code: codons, amino acids, gene expression, codon triplets specify amino acids, protein building instructions.
2. Start and stop codons
3. 64 possible codon combinations and the amino acids they code for
4. Translation: Definition, purpose of translation, steps in translation
5. The role of tRNA in translation
6. Codons and Anticodons
7. The importance of reading the codons in the correct order
8. Structure of the ribosome: large and small subunits, mRNA binding site, three binding sites for tRNA
9. Mutations: Definition, gene mutations, chromosome mutations, point mutations, frameshift mutations, substitutions, deletions, insertions, the importance of mutations in natural selection.
Related products include:
20 related products (DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis) shipped to you on one CD
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Powerpoint and Notes for Student and Teacher
Lab: Effect of Environment on Gene Expression
Lab: Chromosome Squashes
Biology Buzz Words: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis
Lab: Determining the Traits of a Mystery Organism Through Protein Synthesis
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Crossword Puzzle
Test: DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis
DNA Quiz or Homework (Advanced)
Crossword Puzzle: DNA and REplication
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Worksheet or Study Guide
Test: DNA and Replication
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Set of 4 Homework Assignments
Homework #1: The Basics of DNA
Homework #2: DNA Replication
Homework #3: RNA and Transcription
Homework #4: Protein Synthesis and Translation
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis - Set of 3 quizzes
Quiz #1: DNA and Replication
Quiz #2: RNA and Transcription
Quiz #3: Translation and Protein Synthesis
RNA and Transcription Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Translation and Protein Synthesis Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Test: RNA, transcription and translation
FREE Chart of Amino Acids and Their Codons
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)