This review game has 6 categories with 5 questions in each category, for a total of 30 questions. This game covers the topic of DNA only. It does not include RNA or protein synthesis. The questions cover the basic structure of DNA and its replication. More specifically:
1. History of DNA Studies: Early concepts about genes, roles played by genes, Watson and Crick.
3. DNA nucleotides and their composition, purines, pyrimidines, how nucleotides are joined to one another.
4. The Watson and Crick model of DNA, the double helix, the base pairing rules, DNA as a carrier of information.
5. Replication of DNA: Steps in replication, DNA polymerase, hydrogen bonds, origins of replication, replication forks, complimentary strands, helicase.
6. Proofreading and repairing DNA: the role of polymerases, nucleases, and ligases.
This powerpoint jeopardy game consists of 63 slides. The game is limited to 30 questions. For this topic, there are many more possible questions that could be asked. If would be very easy for you to delete some of my questions and add some of your own to make this review game more applicable to your students.