DNA Discovery and Structure - Genetics PowerPoint and Handouts.
Engage students with a fun coloring lesson on the history of DNA's discovery, its nitrogen base structure, and its function in the cell's nucleus. Follow it up with our version of a DNA extraction lab!
What students will do:
* Take brief notes about the founders of DNA’s structure
* Learn about base-pairing rules.
* Apply the base-pairing rules to their coloring sheet as they bring DNA to life.
* Complete our My Fruit is Alive DNA extraction lab
You will receive an animated 15 slide PowerPoint presentation and 7 pages of student handouts and answer keys.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Genetics Bundled Unit
which comes with a 115+ PowerPoint slide presentation and 160+ handouts for teaching Genetics and Heredity in your classroom.
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Genetics Task Cards
- Genetics Word Wall
- Fortune Teller Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
which includes four cootie catchers aligned with our genetics unit.
- WinterThemed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
- Fall Themed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
Take a look at Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy‘s:
Getting Nerdy Blog
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Genetics: DNA Notes and Extraction Lab by © Getting Nerdy, LLC