DNA Interactive Notebook is a set of INB (interactive notebook) activities that focus on the structure of DNA. There are a total of 11 different activities in all, as follows:
1. Structure of DNA Discovery Map
- students branch out from Watson and Crick's idea to give some other scientists credit where credit is due: students must describe how Chargaff, Franklin and Wilkins all contributed to Watson and Crick's successful model.
♠ DNA Structure and Function
2. DNA Shape Fold
- an introductory tool in which students determine DNA's function, structure, and location.
3. Nucleotide Book Fold
- students determine the three parts of a nucleotide and the 4 nitrogen bases.
4. Size Sequence
- an accordion fold that gives students a visual on where DNA is located and how it sizes up compared to cells.
5. DNA mini model
- A paper model which students construct nucleotides to form a DNA molecule.
6. Purine vs. Pyrimidine Venn Diagram
7. Purine vs. Pyrimidine Matchbook
- students figure out where adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine fit in and how they bond together.
8. Chargaff's Rule
Students determine percentages of nitrogen bases within a DNA molecule.
9. DNA Label Review
- A good review item in which students must determine the parts of a DNA molecule.
10. DNA Replication Coloring
- Students follow a color code, answer 10 questions and label.
11. DNA Replication Double Doors
- Students simulate replication by using the double doors to show the two major steps of DNA replication; then answer 12 follow up questions.
These are very versatile and adaptable activities, great for any classroom (interactive notebooks not required)!
You May Also Be Interested In:
DNA Task Cards
DNA PowerPoint Presentation
Protein Synthesis Interactive Notebook Activity
You may also be interested in these other interactive notebooks:
Classification Interactive Notebook
Evolution Interactive Notebook
Photosynthesis Interactive Notebook
Ecology Interactive Notebook
Cells Interactive Notebook
✿❋✿Interactive Notebook Biology BUNDLE✿❋✿
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom use only.
2015 Vanessa Jason