DNA Interactive Notebook is a set of INB (interactive notebook) activities that focus on the structure of DNA. There are a total of 11 different activities in all, as follows:
1. Structure of DNA Discovery Map
- students branch out from Watson and Crick's idea to give some other scientists credit where credit is due: students must describe how Chargaff, Franklin and Wilkins all contributed to Watson and Crick's successful model.
♠ DNA Structure and Function
2. DNA Shape Fold
- an introductory tool in which students determine DNA's function, structure, and location.
3. Nucleotide Book Fold
- students determine the three parts of a nucleotide and the 4 nitrogen bases.
4. Size Sequence
- an accordion fold that gives students a visual on where DNA is located and how it sizes up compared to cells.
5. DNA mini model
- A paper model which students construct nucleotides to form a DNA molecule.
6. Purine vs. Pyrimidine Venn Diagram
7. Purine vs. Pyrimidine Matchbook
- students figure out where adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine fit in and how they bond together.
8. Chargaff's Rule
Students determine percentages of nitrogen bases within a DNA molecule.
9. DNA Label Review
- A good review item in which students must determine the parts of a DNA molecule.
10. DNA Replication Coloring
- Students follow a color code, answer 10 questions and label.
11. DNA Replication Double Doors
- Students simulate replication by using the double doors to show the two major steps of DNA replication; then answer 12 follow up questions.
These are very versatile and adaptable activities, great for any classroom (interactive notebooks not required)!
Interested in an INB bundle? Check out the biology interactive notebook bundle, which contains 8 sets for a discount, including this one.
You May Also Be Interested In:
DNA Task Cards
DNA PowerPoint Presentation
Protein Synthesis Interactive Notebook Activity
You may also be interested in these other interactive notebooks:
Classification Interactive Notebook
Evolution Interactive Notebook
Photosynthesis Interactive Notebook
Ecology Interactive Notebook
Cells Interactive Notebook
✿❋✿Interactive Notebook Biology BUNDLE✿❋✿
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom use only.
2015 Vanessa Jason