Also included in
- This set includes interactive notebook activities for 8 topics throughout biology. There is a wide range of activities to choose from, including differentiated activities for different levels. This unit can be used as a stand alone curriculum or as part of an existing curriculum. Please note that I$49.99$69.67Save $19.68
This INB set focuses on the structure of DNA and has been updated so that there are digital options as well as traditional paperless. Please use the video preview to see what the digital options are. There are a total of 11 different activities in all, as follows:
1. Structure of DNA Discovery Map- students branch out from Watson and Crick's idea to give some other scientists credit where credit is due: students must describe how Chargaff, Franklin and Wilkins all contributed to Watson and Crick's successful model.
♠ DNA Structure and Function
2. DNA Shape Fold- an introductory tool in which students determine DNA's function, structure, and location.
3. Nucleotide Book Fold- students determine the three parts of a nucleotide and the 4 nitrogen bases.
4. Size Sequence- an accordion fold that gives students a visual on where DNA is located and how it sizes up compared to cells.
5. DNA mini model- A paper model which students construct nucleotides to form a DNA molecule.
6. Purine vs. Pyrimidine Venn Diagram
7. Purine vs. Pyrimidine Matchbook- students figure out where adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine fit in and how they bond together.
8. Chargaff's Rule Students determine percentages of nitrogen bases within a DNA molecule.
9. DNA Label Review- A good review item in which students must determine the parts of a DNA molecule.
10. DNA Replication Coloring- Students follow a color code, answer 10 questions and label.
11. DNA Replication Double Doors- Students simulate replication by using the double doors to show the two major steps of DNA replication; then answer 12 follow up questions.
These are very versatile and adaptable activities, great for any classroom (interactive notebooks not required)!
Interested in an INB bundle? Check out the biology interactive notebook bundle, which contains 8 sets for a discount, including this one.
You may also be interested in...
✿DNA PowerPoint Presentation (All you'll ever need to know about DNA in biology class)- 57 slides DNA Notes plus student fill in.
✿DNA Replication - Distance learning
✿DNA Structure Task Cards- 23 task cards that cover 21 stations all about the structure of DNA! - Distance learning
✿DNA and RNA Reading and Coloring- Distance Learning
✿Practice comparing DNA and RNA Homework- Distance learning
✿Practice Decoding the Genetic Code- Distance learning
✿Breaking the Genetic Code (in class practice or homework)- Distance learning
✿Protein Synthesis Interactive Model- Distance learning
✿DNA Study Guide- Distance learning
DNA Bellringer or Warmup (exclusive with this package)
✿DNA Test and DNA quiz (DNA structure, replication, and protein synthesis) - only found in this bundle, valued at $4
✿Mutations Study Guide- Distance learning
➩ ➩ Looking for the entire curriculum? You can get this unit along with several others in my Big Biology Curriculum Bundle - and if you'd like interactive notebooks with that, check out my Big Biology Curriculum Bundle Plus INB
☆☆Follow me on☆☆
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).