This 41-Slide Powerpoint Presentation serves as an effective and engaging tool in your DNA unit. It is NGSS aligned, contains STEM - friendly tasks, bell ringers, video links, and more. The PowerPoint covers the following topics:
1. Detailed structure of DNA
2. Function of DNA (Central Dogma of Molecular Biology
3. Griffith's, Avery's Hershey and Chase's, and Meselson and Stahl's Experiment
4. History and Scientists involved in solving the structure (Franklin, Chargaff, Watson and Crick)
5. Basics of GMOs: Transgenic organisms, CRISP mentioned
6. Brief background in Enzymes
7. DNA Replication: Semi-conservative model, enzymes involved
This product is part of a Unit Bundle, which offers all you need to teach a Unit on DNA for students grades 7-12.
Get it here: DNA Unit Bundle
Do you want students to play the role of Watson and Crick in order to solve the structure of DNA? Click the link below to buy the NGSS Aligned: Race to Solve DNA Lab .
Get it here: NGSS Aligned: Race to Solve DNA Structure Lab
Did you know that you can get students to design an experiment to extract DNA froma strawberry (or other food)? Click the link below to buy a version of the classic lab that I adapted to be inquiry-based.
Get it here: NGSS Adapted: Extra DNA from a Strawberry
You can be the director of a class-wide play in which students play the roles of DNA and proteins to simulate DNA Replication. Click the link below to buy it!
Get it here: DNA Replication Play
I put together a research and presentation project in which students choose a Genetically Modified Organism, create a short presentation, and present their findings. Click the link below to buy it!
Get it here: GMO Research and Presentation Project