DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Unit Test for Grades 8-12.
This is a unit test on DNA, RNA, and Protein synthesis. The test is composed of 86 questions. There are multiple choice, matching, and fill in the blank questions. Complete answer key is included. This test is appropriate for a Biology I or a Biology II class.
Topics covered include:
1. History of DNA Studies
2. DNA nucleotides and their composition, purines, pyrimidines.
3. The Watson and Crick model of DNA, the double helix, the base pairing rules, DNA as a carrier of information.
4. Replication of DNA: steps in replication, DNA polymerase, hydrogen bonds, origins of replication, replication forks, complimentary strands, helicase.
5. The Genetic Code: codons, amino acids.
6. RNA: Differences between DNA and RNA, the functions of RNA, the three types of RNA (mRNA, tRNA, rRNA).
7. Transcription: Purpose of transcription, steps to transcription, promoter, terminator, RNA polymerase.
8. RNA processing and editing, introns, exons.
9. Understanding the genetic code, how codons translate into amino acids, start codons, stop codons, reading a table of codons.
10. Translation: protein synthesis, ribosomes, steps in translation, the role of mRNA and the role of tRNA, structure of tRNA and its ability to transport amino acids, reading and deciphering the code.
11. Practice Problem: Given a DNA sequence, students will figure out the corresponding mRNA codon sequence, the tRNA anticodon sequence, and the amino acid sequence.
Your download will include both a pdf version and a "Word" document.
Also included is a chart of all 64 codons and the amino acids they code for.
Related products include:
DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis: Complete Unit Plan of 20 products
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Powerpoint and Notes for Student and Teacher
Lab: Effect of Environment on Gene Expression
DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Lab: Chromosome Squashes
Worksheet: DNA and RNA
Lab: Determining the Traits of a Mystery Organism Through Protein Synthesis
Biology Buzz Words: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis
DNA Quiz / Review / Worksheet
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Crossword Puzzle
DNA Jeopardy Review Game
Test: DNA and Replication
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Set of 4 Homework Assignments
Homework #1: The Basics of DNA
Homework #2: DNA Replication
Homework #3: RNA and Transcription
Homework #4: Protein Synthesis and Translation
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis - Set of 3 quizzes
Quiz #1: DNA and Replication
Quiz #2: RNA and Transcription
Quiz #3: Translation and Protein Synthesis
RNA and Transcription Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Translation and Protein Synthesis Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
DNA and RNA Powerpoint Jeopardy REview Games - Set of Three Games
Test: RNA, transcription and translation
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page