Also included in
- This resource is a set of 300+ Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and/or Interactive Notebook Pages for 6 different units of study. These activities are perfect for the first few minutes of your class. Both printable and digital versions are included. This bundle includes over 300 student pages c$58.99$74.45Save $15.46
- This resources consists of ONE FULL YEAR of Biology No Prep Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, and Inserts for Interactive Notebooks. This is a huge bundle of 35 sets of warm ups and bell ringers covering all chapters in a typical biology textbook:Introduction to ScienceCell Structure and FunctionEcologyGenet$175.00$248.64Save $73.64
This resource is a set of 35 Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and/or Interactive Notebook Pages for your DNA and RNA unit. These activities are perfect for the first few minutes of your class. Both printable and digital versions are included. The 35 student pages cover the structure of the DNA molecule, nucleotides, nitrogen base pairing rules, differences between DNA and RNA, replication, transcription, and translation.
Absolutely NO PREP required!
Both printable and digital versions are included. The student handouts can be printed or used in the paperless digital format in your Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar. This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, 1:1 schools, or for distance learning. Students will love creating DNA molecules in Google Slides using the "drag and drop" format.
Included in this resource:
- 35 Printable and Editable warm-up or bell-ringer activities
- Digital paperless versions (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive
- Complete answer keys
- Teacher Guide for Warm Ups
- Teacher Guide for Google Apps
- Editable Template pages for starting a warm-up interactive notebook (title page, table of contents)
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
35 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis:
- DNA and Replication (14 pages)
- RNA and Transcription (8 pages)
- Translation and Protein Synthesis (5 pages)
- Gene Expression (3 pages)
- Genetic Engineering (5 pages)
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to Interactive Notebooks
- Homework Assignments
- Tutoring and Review
- Short daily quizzes
- Completed notebook is perfect for semester exam review.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
This resource does not include teaching materials such as textbook readings, informational text readings, or a teaching PowerPoint.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
DNA and Replication Titles:
- The Early Experiments
- The Basics of DNA Structure
- DNA: Label It!
- Complete the Drawing
- Can You Draw It?
- DNA Structure
- DNA Replication
- A Detailed Look At Replication
- Proofreading the DNA
- Repairing the Damage
- The Genetic Code
- Deciphering the Code
- Thinking Critically About DNA
RNA and Transcription Titles:
- Differences Between DNA and RNA
- RNA: The Big Picture
- Types of RNA
- Overview of Transcription
- Steps to Transcription
- Transcription: Complete It!
- RNA Processing and Editing
- The Genetic Code
Translation and Protein Synthesis Titles:
- Overview of Protein Synthesis
- Translating the Code
- Translating the Code 2
- Mutations 2
Gene Expression Titles:
- Gene Expression in Prokaryotes
- Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
Genetic Engineering Titles:
- Changing the Living World
- Manipulating DNA
- Cell Transformation
- Transgenic Organisms
- Thinking Critically About Genetic Engineering
Click here to view other available units:
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: