Also included in
- Teaching Biology virtually this year? Make planning a breeze! This set of Biology notes covers a range of Biology topics and is perfect for a digital interactive notebook! Using Google Slides, students can type on the Cornell Notes pages and move elements on interactive notebook pages.What's incl$82.00$103.50Save $21.50
Want your high school students to have better note-taking skills? Cornell notes are a great training tool for your students and they fit perfectly into interactive notebooks or binders. This huge digital note set and three presentations provide all the notes you'll need for a unit on DNA and protein synthesis including DNA structure, DNA replication, RNA, transcription, and translation. The pages are set in Google slides for students to type and edit in 1:1 classes.
- 18 EDITABLE Google Slides on DNA structure and replication
- 9 EDITABLE Google Slides on RNA and transcription
- 14 EDITABLE Google Slides on translation
- 4 digital Cornell Notes pages (students type on digital pages)
- 2 digital Interactive Notebook pages
How can I use this in a virtual learning environment?
The PowerPoint coordinates seamlessly with the note pages. Notes can be taken on a device while viewing the PowerPoint to introduce or reinforce content.
Topics include: DNA structure, nucleotide structure, double helix shape, scientists (Chargaff, Franklin, Watson and Crick), genes, chromosomes, histones, DNA replication, base pairing rules, semiconservative replication, Meselson and Stahl experiment, RNA structure, mRNA, tRNA, rRNA, transcription, codons, introns and exons, ribosomes, anticodons, amino acids, translation, polypeptide chains
*This resource is a digital note-taking method for 1:1 classrooms that use Google Apps. If you do not have Google Classroom or do not use digital note-taking methods, you will want a traditional version of these notes.
- This resource is saved in a Google Drive folder, so you will need Google Drive in order to access it.
- With this purchase, TpT will automatically make a copy of the folder, create a TpT folder in your Drive, and add the folder to your Google Drive. In this process, TpT will ask for permission to do this. Here is a link for more information: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help/buyer-questions/why-does-TpT-need-access-to-my-Google-drive-for-me-to-use-certain-digital-resources
What are Cornell notes?
Cornell notes consist of 1 page separated into 3 sections. A left-hand column provides major ideas and essential questions, while the large right-hand section is for detailed notes. A third section is found at the bottom of the page for summarizing the notes.
Why should you use the Cornell note-taking method?
Cornell notes are organized and efficient. They help students easily pick out the important ideas for any topic. They also make studying easier because students can use the left column of questions as a self quiz.
Want to turn this into a full unit on DNA and Protein Synthesis? Here are some activities that can be used with these notes:
- DNA and Protein Synthesis Game
- DNA and RNA Review Centers or Stations
- Biotechnology Bundle (DNA Fingerprinting, Epigenetics, GMOs)
⭐For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: My TpT Store
You can also
⭐Subscribe to my newsletter for freebies and teaching tips
⭐Follow me on Instagram
⭐Check out my Facebook page
⭐Follow me on Pinterest