Also included in
- This Senior High School Biology package includes a full lesson and activity set for a complete unit on Metabolic Processes. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons, activities, and Exit Tickets for each lesson. Additionally, each lesson is fully Google compatible which each resource properl$43.97$87.69Save $43.72
DNA Replication and Repair. This senior biology lesson starts by comparing semiconservative and conservative replication and describing the process of strand separation. It then goes into how the complementary strands are built, how errors are corrected, as well as the main components involved. Lastly, the lesson teaches about Okazaki fragments and compares the processes of strand building on the leading vs. lagging strands. The lesson includes many pictures and diagrams so that your students will gain a better understanding of the concepts.
This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions), THREE embedded videos, a student lesson handout as a document, and a 4-question exit ticket.
In Order, the Lesson Covers:
- Semiconservative vs. Conservative
- Strand Separation
- Building Complementary Strands
- Correcting Errors
- DNA Polymerase, Helicase and RNA Primase
- Okazaki Fragments
- Leading and Lagging Strands
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- THREE embedded videos
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket and a separate quiz with an answer key
- Student lesson handout
- "Found this resource awesome."
- "Great teaching resource for guiding my students through this concept. Very little prep which was great. "
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
Included in your package is an Exit Ticket which can be directly accessed from the last Google Slide. Additionally, your purchase will create a copy of the Google Form Exit Ticket which you can edit to meet your class needs.
- Lesson 1 - Genetic Material
- Lesson 2 - DNA Replication and Repair
- Lesson 3 - DNA Organization and Aging
- Lesson 4 - Transcription - Protein Synthesis
- Lesson 5 - Translation - Protein Synthesis
- Lesson 6 - Mutations
- Lesson 7 - Genetic Engineering and Gene Therapy
- Lesson 8 - Genetic Disorders, Screening, and Therapy
- Lesson 9 - PCR and Gel Electrophoresis
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my lesson is structured, and evaluate my work.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.