NEW AND IMPROVED: One of my best selling items just got better. I updated this worksheet to better streamline the topics of DNA replication, transcription, and translation.
In this worksheet, students will review the basics of DNA structure and perform the processes of transcription and translation. This four page document starts with students diagramming a DNA molecule and reviewing the basics of DNA replication. Next, students will compare and contrast DNA verses RNA. Then students will analyze a picture of transcription and translation (see preview pictures) to explain what is occurring in the three different areas of the picture. Lastly, students will examine the genetic code/amino acid chart (see preview picture) to identify mRNA codons, tRNA anticodons, and proper amino acids.
This download includes 4 files:
1) Student handout (Word format in case you wish to make edits)
2) Student handout (PDF format)
3) Answer key (Word format)
4) Answer key (PDF format)
Are you looking for other DNA based lessons?
DNA Based PowerPoint Presentations:
* DNA and Replication PowerPoint
* RNA and Transcription PowerPoint
* Translation and Protein Synthesis PowerPoint
* DNA Mutations PowerPoint
DNA Based Review Games
* DNA Jeopardy Game
* DNA Bingo Game
* DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Challenge Game
* DNA Review Packet
DNA based Interactive Tutorials:
* Transcription Interactive Tutorial
* Translation Interactive Tutorial
DNA based activities:
* Translation Paper Model Activity