Also included in
- SAVE OVER 30% - SAVE $109+ when you purchase every NGSS MS-LS life science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 126 resources, including:NGSS Life Science✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts (great as sub plans)✅ No Prep Activities✅ Low Prep Labs✅ Student Projects✅ Holiday-$229.99$339.37Save $109.38
- SAVE 30% when you combine our most popular MIDDLE SCHOOL LEVEL DNA ACTIVITIES! Designed to SUPPLEMENT and add FUN to an existing unit. NGSS MS-LS3-1.BUNDLE INCLUDES:Create a Paper Model of DNAUpcycled/Recycled DNA Model Project (FREE BONUS)Easy DNA Extraction Lab (for middle school!)Mutations in D$12.95$18.49Save $5.54
Highly engaging genetics karyotyping activity! Students are given a set of chromosomes that may be from a male or a female and build a karyotype to find out! Half of the kids will get boys and half the kids will get girls, but it will be a surprise.
In this activity, students will:
- Read clear step-by-step instructions
- Cut out the chromosomes and match up the homologous pairs
- Create a karyotype by pasting the matching chromosomes to their baby
- Determine the gender of the baby by examining the karyotype
- Answer 10 follow-up analysis questions
NO prerequisite knowledge of alleles or dominant/recessive is required for this activity. This activity focuses exclusively on chromosome numbers and building a karyotype.
NGSS Standard: MS-LS3-1
NGSS Science & Engineering Practice: Developing and using models
- Answer key included.
- Please note: This resource is not editable.
- Save $$ with our DNA & Chromosomes ACTIVITIES BUNDLE!
Find more DNA & Chromosome resources in the DNA/Chromosomes Section of Our Store.
Need something different?
Check out all the NGSS-aligned science materials in Our Store!
Our materials are easy to implement, effective, and always standards-based.
Please visit www.FlyingColorsScience.com for news and freebies!