Also included in
- SAVE OVER 30% - SAVE $109+ when you purchase every NGSS MS-LS life science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 126 resources, including:NGSS Life Science✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts (great as sub plans)✅ No Prep Activities✅ Low Prep Labs✅ Student Projects✅ Holiday-$229.99$339.37Save $109.38
DESIGNED FOR UPPER MIDDLE SCHOOL or introductory high school - this activity focuses on the importance of PROTEINS and DNA's role in making them.
The text covers:
- What proteins are
- Some of the interesting roles proteins play in living things
- How the information in DNA is used to make proteins
- The very basics of transcription and translation at an INTRODUCTORY level
This resource is intended for a middle school audience but could be used as an introduction for high school biology. It does NOT focus on the terminology or details of protein synthesis, but rather presents an overview. The overall focus is that DNA codes for proteins and proteins have important roles in cells.
Go further and follow this up with our Insulin Protein Molecule Activity.
- Find the digital Google Slides version of this activity HERE.
- ANSWER KEY INCLUDED.
- Makes an excellent sub plan!
- Please note: this resource is not editable.
- You may also be interested in our DNA & Chromosomes ACTIVITIES BUNDLE!
MS-LS3-1: Develop and use a model to describe why structural changes to genes (mutations) located on chromosomes may affect proteins and may result in harmful, beneficial, or neutral effects to the structure and function of the organism.
Find more in the DNA/Chromosomes Section of Our Store.
Need something different?
Check out all the NGSS-aligned science materials in Our Store!
Our materials are easy to implement, effective, and always standards-based.
Please visit www.FlyingColorsScience.com for news and freebies!