Also included in
- SAVE OVER 30% - SAVE $109+ when you purchase every NGSS MS-LS life science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 126 resources, including:NGSS Life Science✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts (great as sub plans)✅ No Prep Activities✅ Low Prep Labs✅ Student Projects✅ Holiday-$229.99$342.40Save $112.41
Designed for upper middle school or a simplified approach for high school.
In this activity, students will:
- READ a brief introduction to insulin and its importance as a protein in the body
- TRANSLATE an mRNA sequence into an amino acid chain (an insulin molecule)
- ANSWER follow-up questions, including questions that lead students to think about the consequences of mutations
A nice way to introduce this lesson is our DNA and Proteins Introductory Text.
- A clear and easy-to-read mRNA codon key is included. This version has a quick explanation of what a codon key is included with the key itself.
- ANSWER KEY INCLUDED.
- Please note: this resource is not editable.
- You may also be interested in our DNA & Chromosomes ACTIVITIES BUNDLE!
NGSS LS3-1: Develop and use a model to describe why structural changes to genes (mutations) located on chromosomes may affect proteins and may result in harmful, beneficial, or neutral effects to the structure and function of the organism.
Find more in the DNA/Chromosomes Section of Our Store.
Need something different?
Check out all the NGSS-aligned science materials in Our Store!
Our materials are easy to implement, effective, and always standards-based.
Please visit www.FlyingColorsScience.com for news and freebies!