This DNA and Protein Synthesis Power Point and Notes
product includes over 75 slides and provides an engaging visual approach to learning high school Biology content. The content is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s editable, you can customize it to complement any text or other resources you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides. Three versions of notes are also included!
This product can also be found in two different bundles:
1) Genetics Unit Bundle
which includes PowerPoints, Notes & Task Cards for:
-Mitosis & Meiosis
-Patterns of Inheritance
-DNA & Protein Synthesis
2) PowerPoints and Notes Bundle for Biology
which includes PowerPoints and Notes for the whole year without the Task Cards
This download includes 8 files:
2. PowerPoint presentation with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
Concepts covered in this resource include:
• deoxyribonucleic acid
• sugar-phosphate backbone
• double helix
• Watson & Crick
• DNA replication
• origin of replication
• replication bubbles
• ribonucleic acid
• RNA splicing
• base substitution
• base deletion
• base insertion
DNA and Protein Synthesis Outline
I. Structure of DNA
II. DNA Replication
You might also like:
DNA and Protein Synthesis Review Qubes
DNA and Protein Synthesis Task Cards
Mitosis and Meiosis PowerPoint and Notes
Inheritance PowerPoint and Notes
Inheritance in the Kolo Genetics Activity
- It’s FREE!