35 DNA & Protein Synthesis Task Cards in PowerPoint format PLUS a PowerPoint Review with all the answers to share with your students!
Task Cards are great formative assessments, but they can be implemented in many different ways. Here are a few ideas:
1. Bell Work or Early Finishers – Students can grab a card to answer when they first walk into class or any time they finish work early.
2. Pairs – Sort of a Think, Pair, Share activity. Pairs of students work together on two cards – answer one card, swap, answer the second card, then share answers.
3. Use one card as a “Question of the Day” for all students to answer, then discuss as a class.
4. Stations – Post cards in various places around the room or at lab stations and let students rotate through the stations as they work on them.
5. Exit Pass – Check for understanding as students answer a particular card before they leave class.
6. Review Game Race – I’ve used this one many times! If your students are seated in rows, pass a stack of cards out, face down, to the first person on each row. Say Go! Each student must choose one card to answer and then pass the remaining cards back to the next student. The first row to answer their questions correctly WINS!
So, print and laminate the cards in the size of your choice (1, 2, or 4 per page) in color or black & white to use as traditional task cards. Or, present the cards one at a time, or a few at a time, from the PowerPoint to the whole class. You can even use the PPT as a quiz! I like to use the Task Cards throughout a topic of study and then use the PPT Review on the day before the test.
These TASK CARDS are also available in two discounted bundles . . .
Genetics PowerPoint, Notes and Task Card Unit Bundle
includes 3 complete PowerPoints, Notes, and Task Card Sets for your Genetics Unit: Mitosis & Meiosis, Inheritance, and DNA and Protein Synthesis.
Task Cards for Biology Bundle
includes all of Science Island's Task Cards for Biology.
This EDITABLE product includes 5 files:
2. 35 Task Cards in PowerPoint format (each card is one slide), ready to print and laminate in your choice of sizes, in color or black and white. Delete slides you don’t need or add your own in a matching format by inserting duplicate slides.
3. A 35-slide PowerPoint with answers. Perfect for whole-class review after students have completed the Task Cards.
4. Student Answer Sheet, ready to print
5. Teacher Answer Key
This product is the perfect complement to my DNA & Protein Synthesis PowerPoint and Notes.
Watson & Crick
origin of replication
You might also like:
DNA and Protein Synthesis Review Qubes Game
The Inheritance of Coat Color in Labrador Retrievers Genetics Project
Inheritance Activities: Genetics Terminology and Punnett Squares
Inheritance Patterns in the Kolo
is a fun hands-on activity that only requires colored pencils and a few coins and it's FREE!
Copyright Science Island
All Rights Reserved by Author