DO vs. MAKE - ESL / ELL Summary Charts
Charts to explain the difference between DO and MAKE in English which is a common mistake with ESL / ELL students.
The first chart is a summary of the difference between DO and MAKE. The rest of the charts highlight the individual uses or situations in which these verbs are generally used.
These charts are similar to those that appear in our video on YouTube about this topic: DO vs. MAKE
(Suitable for the classroom). Once the video has been seen, students can each have a copy of the main slides/charts for their own reference.
You may also be interested in our Do vs. Make Task Cards
This resource contains 17 Pages
- DO vs. MAKE - Summary Chart - (1 page)
- DO Chart - Work, Jobs and Tasks - (1 page)
- DO Chart - Non-specific Activities - (1 page)
- DO Chart - Replace Verb when Obvious - (1 page)
- MAKE Chart - Product Material/Origin - (1 page)
- MAKE Chart - Produce a Reaction - (1 page)
- MAKE Chart - Plans and Decisions - (1 page)
- MAKE Chart - Speaking and Sounds - (1 page)
- MAKE Chart - Food, Drink and Meals - (1 page)
- MAKE Chart - Forcing Someone - (1 page)
- Simple Dialogue - Comparison Chart - (1 page)
- Collocations with DO Chart - (2 pages)
- Collocations with MAKE Chart - (4 pages)
Please download the preview so you can have a better idea of the quality of this resource and what it contains.
Click Follow Me
to receive a message whenever we post any new items (and also whenever we have sales).
Have a great day!
- Rob W.