DOWN GIRL AND SIT ON THE ROAD by Lucy Nolan.
Life doesn't get any more fun than this!
Hi, I'm Down Girl, the intelligent, beautiful dog who lives next door to my friend Sit. We spend most of our time chasing squirrels and that sneaky Here Kitty Kitty who jumps the fence into our yard and touches our stuff.
The best part of my life is that I have a car! I always drive ... well, actually I get to put my feet on the steering wheel, but my master, Rruff likes to drive. You won't believe the places I go and the crazy things that happen to Rruff, and me! Why, I've even written a book about it: Down Girl and Sit On the Road. You can come along on the road with us!
You can read about our trip to the beach when I got to drivel and our camping trip when Rruff forgot to bring his food! And, yes, I hate to say it... you can come along on our trip to The Lady in the White Coat.
Now, your teacher will say it's all about learning about POINT OF VIEW but I think you'll find it's all about how much you LOVE DOGS and THE FUN you have with us!!
Life doesn't get any more better than this!
This Kids Wings literature guide was written for DOWN GIRL AND SIT ON THE ROAD that was written by Suzy Red for her 3rd grade class and inspired by her three funny dogs: Serendipity, MikiQannik, and Sunshine. The guide comes to you in both PowerPoint and PDF formats so you can share the fun!
The Activities include:
* Pre-reading Discussion Ripple Cards
* 4-page Readers' Theater Script for 2 Dogs
* Wind in My Ears, An Original Canine Ballad Preview it: Down Girl's Song
* Getting Crossed-Up, A Crossword Puzzle
* Chapter 1, Drawing Inferences, Conclusions, and Generalization, Multiple Choice
* Use the Clues! Checking Inferences in Chapter 1!
* What Caused the Ripples?
* Chapter 3: Comprehension Check up, Multiple Choice
* Chapter 3: Rewrite the Story from Rruff's Point of View
* Chapter 4: Comprehension Check up, Multiple Choice
* Down Girl's Treasures: Complete the Pictures
* A Measurement Map of Down Girl's World
* Write a new Two-Point of View Story
* Contrasting Characters on a Venn Diagram
* Edit and Recopy Kendra's Letter
* My Letter to an Author
* Answer Page
PLEASE NOTE: Kids Wings materials are written by highly experienced master teachers and librarians. We hire professional proof readers who are also master educators. We do our best to be sure each of our literature guides is top quality and error free, and classroom tested, but if you think we can do better, we welcome your input. If you find an error in our materials, please email us at email@example.com so we can make corrections. After it is revised, we will invite you to download a newly polished copy and will probably attach a surprise to our reply as a thank-you!
Our graphics come mostly from ART EXPLOSION.
If you like our materials, we would be very grateful if you would follow us, give us some stars, and let us and others