It's time for some fun on the farm! DOWN ON THE FARM contains 20 different activities from various areas of the curriculum that are based around a farm theme. All activities are in PDF format and are ready for you to print out and use in centers, small groups, large groups or take home bags. In addition to the 20 activities described below, the cd-rom also has a full color binder cover and activity letter which explains how to do each activity. (Contains 36 teacher-created PDF files)
1. Horsing Around with Homonyms--Write a sentence for each of the farm
theme homonyms listed.
2. R-controlled vowels-- Circle the missing r-controlled vowels in each word to create the word that matches the picture.
3. Rise and Shine--Draw the hands on each rooster clock to match the time
shown below.(Time to the hour and half hour).
4. Color Word/ Color Animal Match--Match each colored animal to its correct color word corral.
5. Piggy Punctuation--Put the correct punctuation mark at the end of each
farm themed sentence (periods, question marks and exclamation points)
6. Addition Barns--Math the basic addition cards to their correct sum barn (sums 3-12)
7. Where Does It Come From?--Sort out the food cut outs onto the square of
the sort mat that shows where each food comes from.
8. Animal Names Table--Complete the table with the male, female, and baby
word for each of the animals pictured.
9. Animal Sound BINGO--Play a bingo game where you mark the animal
according to the sound it makes.
10. Long Vowel Board Game--Draw a picture card from the turned over stack. Say the name of the picture. Move your token to the next space on the game
board that names the long vowel heard in the word.
11. Scarecrow Blends-- Study the scarecrow picture. Fill in the blanks in each word with a consonant blend to make the name of an item shown in the
12. Rhyming Pairs--Match together the card pairs with the rhyming words.
13. Little Boy Blue Rebus Story--Read the nursery rhyme Little Boy Blue in
14. Farm Animal Graph--Sort and graph the farm animal pictures and then
complete the bar graph to show how many of each. (Farm animal pictures
included or you can use rubber farm animal math manipulatives)
15. Ending Consonant Sounds-- Circle the letter that makes the sound you
hear at the end of each word.
16. Animal Names Table--Complete the table with the male, female, and baby
word for each of the animals pictured. An answer box is on the page to help
17. Emergent Reader Reproducible Book--Fill in the missing words in this
emergent reader reproducible (10 half page size pages plus vocabulary
18. Number Sequence and Tracing--Trace the numbers on the pig cards and
put them in the correct counting order (1-12)
19. Creative Writing--What farm animal would you like to be and why?
20. Barn Owl Mask--Cut out your own barn owl mask.
21. Binder Cover
22. Activity Letter--Explains how to do each activity