PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This five day unit on costume design is suitable for high school students and gifted middle graders. Students learn about the process of costume design, researching, metaphor and have an opportunity to be costume designers. They develop a keen eye for what makes a distinctive design and how to critique their peer's work as well.
The product includes:
• The History of Costume Design
• The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
• Questions to Ask when Designing Costumes
• How to Use Metaphor in Design
• Costume Notes for Students
• Procedure for each day, including Teacher Questions
• Materials List
• Musical and Play List Titles of Most Popular Productions in High Schools
• Sources & Video links list including clip suggestions
• Two Warm-up Exercises—engaging and creative, perfect for the unit
• Two Assignments--one a short essay and another to design
• Peer evaluation activity
Comprehensive? You bet. This is a guaranteed winner from an award winning veteran drama teacher. Enjoy!
Here are a few review of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For more products of mine, go to: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/
Here are a few products: