Also included in
- 20% OFF! This bundle of four drama lessons (135 pages) can help the busy teacher--two beginning play writing lessons on monologues, costume design for the Nutcracker Ballet and a lesson about A Christmas Story, the Broadway musical. Let me help you. Here's a quick description of each one:CHRISTMAS$14.40$18.00Save $3.60
- 20% OFF! Drama lessons with themes for each season during the school year--fall, winter and spring. Plus, there are lessons around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. Included are costume, stage props, playwriting, tableau, movement, sound$80.00$100.00Save $20.00
This lesson focuses on a play-writing exercise--the monologue and beginning acting. Students select a object indicative of Christmas which the teacher provides from this lesson and write a monologue speaking as the object. Then, they design the object and perform their monologue. Students don't even realize they are studying play-writing. This can be adapted for other holidays, too.
It's such fun!
This lesson was created for a creative dramatics, introduction to theater or creative writing class in Language Arts.
If you are hosting an open house for your students' parents, this would be a nice performance for them to see.
The product includes:
- Letter to teacher with directions for the lesson
- Teacher's script-what I say and how I say it
- Three design pages
- Lined paper for the monologue
- Monologue example
- Extension Activities
Comprehensive? You bet!
Created and implemented by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks
Check out these products: