PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This two-day lesson on costume design is focused on circus performers and their unusual costumes. It gives your students an opportunity to be costume designers. Suitable for students in grades 4 to 9, the product is broken down for two class periods, although it could be used for a one day exploration of the subject. Students in art classes, drama, and gifted students love this lesson.
Students learn about:
• The History of Costume Design
• The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
• Costume Notes for Students
• Materials List
• Source & Video link list (Cirque De Soleil, Ringling Brothers, etc.)
• A Warm-Up—engaging and creative
• Circus Performer list & skills
• Two Assignments--one drawing and one creative writing
• Student Examples
This is a guaranteed winner from an award winning veteran drama teacher of 38 years. Enjoy!
For more products of mine, go to: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Dramamommaspeaksspeaks.com
Here are a few reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
STORYTELLING WITH STUDENT PICTURES
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
COSTUME DESIGN WITH FAIRY TALE CHARACTERS
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.