Also included in
- SAVE 20%! This bundle contains SEVEN different lessons on costume design and gives your students an opportunity to study costume design and to be costume designers. These are great for the busy teacher. I've put it all together for you! These are great for a middle school or through high school d$35.24$39.25Save $4.01
IMPROVED! This two-day lesson on costume design is focused on circus performers and their unusual costumes. It gives your students an opportunity to be costume designers. Suitable for students in grades 4 to 7, the product is broken down for two class periods, although it could be used for a one day exploration of the subject. Students in art classes, drama, and gifted students love this lesson.
In addition, a teacher could assign this lesson to students distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Students learn about:
- The History of Costume Design
- The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
- Teacher's Script for Slide Lecture
- Pinterest Board Link for Costume Examples
- Materials List
- Source & Video link list (Cirque De Soleil, Ringling Brothers, etc.)
- A Warm-Up—engaging and creative
- Circus Performer list & skills
- Two Assignments--one drawing and one creative writing
- Student Examples--two designs and four writings
Are you following me? Follow Me!+
ATTENTION: If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out:
"Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
Or I you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
Time tested and created by an award winning veteran drama teacher of 38 years. Enjoy!
For more products of mine, go to: Dramamommaspeaks
Here are a few reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is a great, very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.