Also included in
- BUNDLE: Save!!! In this Halloween themed bundle there is at least a week's worth of activities: creating a COSTUME DESIGN with Halloween characters, TABLEAU with a scary story and producing a SOUND EFFECTS scene suitable for any Halloween celebration. Easy set up for the teacher and a time saver$9.50$10.75Save $1.25
- SAVE 20%! This bundle contains SEVEN different lessons on costume design and gives your students an opportunity to study costume design and to be costume designers. These are great for the busy teacher. I've put it all together for you! These are great for a middle school or through high school d$35.24$39.25Save $4.01
- SAVE 20% BY PURCHASING A BUNDLE! Fall is a special time of year. One of my favorite days, of course, is Halloween. Older students enjoy celebrating it, too. This bundle includes EIGHT lessons, a unit and three plays which strengthen cooperative learning, reading, writing, speaking, listening AND$37.30$44.00Save $6.70
- 20% OFF! Drama lessons with themes for each season during the school year--fall, winter and spring. Plus, there are lessons around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. Included are costume, stage props, playwriting, tableau, movement, sound$80.00$100.00Save $20.00
IMPROVED! This two-day lesson on costume design is focused on Halloween characters and gives the students an opportunity to be costume designers as well as study it. The product is broken in to two class periods, although it could be used for a one-day exploration of the subject. Part of two bundles: Bundle Halloween Theme and also Halloween Exercises (Save Money!)
Note: This product contains a digital version for you.
Gifted students in grades 4 and 5 may enjoy this, too!
Students will learn about:
- Letter to Teacher
- The History of Costume Design
- The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Costumes Notes for Students
- The History of Halloween and Halloween Costumes
- Note Concerning Broken Links
- Materials List
- Source & Video Link List
- Two Warm-Ups—Engaging and Creative
- Halloween Character List
- Two Assignments--one design and one written
- Student Examples
Comprehensive? You bet. Created by an award-winning veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years. Enjoy!
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
For more products of mine, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Here are reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"Wow! This resource is chock full of great information to educate AND engage students. I really appreciate how comprehensive it is. It's a great time saver."
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.