Also included in
- 20% OFF! Drama lessons with themes for each season during the school year--fall, winter and spring. Plus, there are lessons around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. Included are costume, stage props, playwriting, tableau, movement, sound$80.00$100.00Save $20.00
This costume design lesson, (24 pages 2 days) is focused on holiday parade characters and gives the students an opportunity to learn about costume design and ultimately to be costume designers and learn about the Macy's Day Parade. This lesson was created specifically for grades 3-5 and reflects that.
Included in this lesson:
- Letter to Teacher
- The History of Costume Design (for the teacher)
- The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
- Costumes Notes for Students
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Materials List
- A Warm-Up—Engaging and Creative
- Parade Characters List
- Two Costume Design Examples
- Two Costume Design Templates (one boy and one girl)
- A Creative Writing Assignment--great beginning character study
- Trivia about the Macy's Day Thanksgiving Parade!
- Source & Video Link List
Comprehensive? You bet. Created by an award winning veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
For more products of mine, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Other Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"I love the challenges included in this resource and what it does to storytelling. I can't wait to try them with my students! Thank you!"
"This is such an original and creative drama unit. It is extremely thorough and has everything I need. I think you covered all the bases. Excellent resource, I highly recommend."
"This is a great lesson leading up to the holidays. Thank you so much!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.