- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 39 products (NEARLY 1,200 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thi$248.35$224.35Save $24.00
- Save 10%! Here is a bundle (481 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There is a plethora of exciting theater subjects our high school students appreciate and enjoy learning. A teacher could as$126.00$106.65Save $19.35
- A smaller bundle for those that need it. (Musicals A to L) 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains eight different lessons (275 pages) concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$65.50$52.40Save $13.10
- 20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains THIRTEEN different lessons (417 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and twelve concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$110.50$99.45Save $11.05
- Product Description
Broadway Tony Award Winner for best musical Hadestown is a fantastic, new musical--intertwining classic Greek myths into an usual love story. This two or three day lesson can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist Biographies (Lin Manuel Miranda) or other musical lessons (Wicked, Dear Evan Hansen).
In addition, a teacher could use this lesson with students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTpT
Note: Included in this products is a digital version which I created for you. I split up the students' pages and added answer boxes to the questions sheet. I hope this helps.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Everything is provided for the busy teacher.
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Physical Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--What I Say and How I Say it!
- Photos of the Statues of Greek Gods or Persephone & Hades
- Paintings of the Statues of Greek Gods of Eurydice & Orpheus
- Plot of the Musical
- Synopsis of the Musical
- A Brief Description of the Four Mythological Characters to Help Your Students Understand the Musical More Fully
- Separate File of Photos for Teacher's Use in Lecture
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information on the Director, Rachel Chavkin
- Information on the composer, Anais Mitchell
- Information about the music arranger and orchestrator, Michael Chorney
- A Shortened Lesson on : What are the Tony Awards?
- List of Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theaters Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Trivia about Broadway Musicals with Some Surprising Facts!
- Lyrics from "Why We Build a Wall"--Good for Class Discussions or as a Jumping Off Point
- Extension Activities--Terrific Suggestions of Ways to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience, Individual and Group
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
- And More!
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would!Follow me
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
“A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!”
“WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!”
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.