Also included in
- If you have loved my lesson on Lin Manuel Miranda, now you can purchase Hamilton AND In the Heights at a discounted price! These lessons will fill over a week's worth of learning for your drama/theater class, Language Arts, music or gifted/talented. In addition, a teacher could, with a few tweaks$22.50$26.00Save $3.50
- A smaller bundle for those that need it. (Musicals A to L) 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains eight different lessons (250 pages) concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these B$52.40$67.00Save $14.60
- 20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains SIXTEEN different lessons (425 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and thirteen concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these B$102.40$126.00Save $23.60
- BUNDLE save 20%!! Here are 40 lessons (1,014 pages) focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or cooperative learning. Teacher$199.80$218.50Save $18.70
This two-day lesson focuses on the Tony award winning In the Heights musical. In the Heights tells the story of a vibrant Hispanic community in New York’s Washington Heights neighborhood. Students have an opportunity to become very familiar with the production itself and its journey to Broadway.
The lesson can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist Biographies (Lin Manuel Miranda) or other musical lessons (Hamilton) A teacher could use the lesson with students in distance learning with a few tweaks. #DistanceLearningTPT
Note: There is a Google Classroom version of this lesson at: Google Classroom In the Heights
The teacher will need access to YouTube.com.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Everything is provided for the busy teacher.
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Acting Exercise
- Teacher's Script--What I Say and How I Say it!
- Photos of Lin Manuel Miranda
- Synopsis of the Musical
- Plot of the Musical
- Short Biography about Lin Manuel Miranda, book writer Quiara Alegria Hudes and choreographer Andy Blankenbuehler
- Separate File of Photos for Teacher's Use in Lecture
- History about the Origination of the Production
- AND a Mini Lesson on: What are the Tony Awards?
- List of Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theaters Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Trivia about Broadway and In the Heights
- Songs List
- Pinterest Board Link Specifically about In the Heights
- Extension Activities-- NINE Terrific Suggestions of Ways to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience either Individual or Group
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
- And More!
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
“A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!”
“WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!”
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.