Also included in
- 20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains SIXTEEN different lessons (425 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and thirteen concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these B$102.40$126.00Save $23.60
- A smaller bundle for those that need it. (Musicals M to Z) 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains nine different lessons (335 pages) concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Bro$55.20$69.00Save $13.80
- BUNDLE save 20%!! Here are 40 lessons (1,014 pages) focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or cooperative learning. Teacher$199.80$218.50Save $18.70
Matilda the Musical is a very popular production especially with fans of author Roald Dahl's book, Matilda. Students learn about its journey to Broadway, plot, characters, songs and even trivia! This one or two-day lesson can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist biographies or another musical, such as Spongebob Squarepants.
In addition, a teacher could use this lesson with students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Note: I created a digital version of this lesson for you. I split up the teacher's pages from the students and added answer boxes to the questions sheet. I hope it helps!
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Everything is provided for the busy teacher.
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Two Warm Ups-One physical and one imaginative
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Photos from the Broadway Production
- Plot of the Musical
- The History of the Production
- Information about the Creative Staff: Tim Minchin and Dennis Kelly
- A Shortened Lesson: What are the Tony Awards?
- Tony Awards it Won
- New York City Map with Competing Theaters Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Extension Activities--Terrific Suggestions & Ways to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
- And More!
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!
WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.