PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This two-day lesson on costume design is focused on circus performers and their unusual stage makeup seen through the study of Cirque Du Soleil. It gives your students an opportunity to be stage make up designers as well. Suitable for students in grades 4 to 9, the product is broken down for two class periods, although it could be used for a one day exploration of the subject. Students in art classes, drama, and gifted students love this lesson.
Students learn about:
• Warm Up Game--Zip, Zap, Zop (MY version)
• The History of Stage Makeup (separate file of Power Point slides & teacher's lecture notes)
• Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it
• Materials List
• Source & Video link list (Cirque De Soleil makeup tutorials, etc.)
• Pinterest board link with examples
• Two Assignments--one drawing and one creative writing
• Theatre Quote page--great to use for discussion and/or bell ringers
This is a guaranteed winner from an award winning veteran drama teacher of 38 years. Enjoy!
For more products of mine, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Here are a few reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
STORYTELLING WITH STUDENT PICTURES
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
COSTUME DESIGN WITH CIRCUS PERFORERS
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.