Also included in
- BUNDLE! These elements of drama lessons study costume design, storytelling, tableau and movement use super heroes as their focus! These are great in an elementary gifted class or middle school drama class. In addition, a teacher could adapt and assign these lessons to students distance learning #$9.75$14.50Save $4.75
- Save 20% With Halloween approaching, this is a great bundle to teach. This week-long product teaches about movement, tableau, storytelling and costume design for super hero characters. It gives students an opportunity to be costume designers as well. Plus, I've included super hero mask templates$15.40$18.00Save $2.60
- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 40 products (NEARLY 1,225 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over th$241.88$268.75Save $26.87
Who doesn't like super heroes? This storytelling lesson and exercise, suitable for grades 3-8, is great for a drama class, reading group, Language Arts or storytelling unit. Students work cooperatively, using post cards and creating a short story about someone SPECIAL (hint, hint) in their classroom.
In addition, a teacher could assign this lesson to students distance learning. In that case, I'd suggest sending several photos to students and see what they create individually. #DistanceLearningTPT
Note: You will need a large postcard collection to teach this lesson effectively. You can also use magazine photos, old photos from calendars, greeting cards or photos from the internet
The product comes with:
- Rationale for Teaching with Super Heroes
- The History of Super Heroes
- What is a Super Hero
- Qualities of a super hero flyer (same qualities we want for our students)
- Teacher’s questions--what I say and how I say it!
- Tips for Success
- Materials List
- Student group example
Comprehensive? You bet.
Field tested and created by an award-winning veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Check out my other products at: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
Lin Manuel Miranda Biography (Format Two)
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
Oji San and the Grateful Statues
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.