- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 39 products (NEARLY 1,200 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thi$224.35$248.35Save $24.00
- A smaller bundle for those that need it. (Musicals M to Z) 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains seven different lessons (275 pages) concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$49.20$61.50Save $12.30
- Save 10%! Here is a bundle (481 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There is a plethora of exciting theater subjects our high school students appreciate and enjoy learning. A teacher could as$126.45$140.50Save $14.05
- 20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains THIRTEEN different lessons (417 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and twelve concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$108.45$120.50Save $12.05
- Product Description
Page to Stage is a new Dramamommaspeaks product line of lessons concerning Broadway musicals and plays! The Prom is a new engaging, fun musical-- with important themes for the LGBTQ community and this lesson demonstrates that. This one or two day lesson can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist Biographies (Lin Manuel Miranda) or other musical lessons (Wicked, Dear Evan Hansen).
In addition, a teacher could assign this lesson to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTpT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Everything is provided for the busy teacher.
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Physical Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--What I Say and How I Say it!
- History of Prom and How it Became an Important Event in a Young Person's Life
- Photos (1950's & 2018)
- Plot of the Musical
- Separate File of Photos for Teacher's Use in Lecture
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information on the Director, Casey Nicholaw
- Information on the composer and choreographer, Matthew Skylar
- Information about the Co-Playwrights, Bob Martin & Chad Beugelin
- Information about the lyricist, Chad Beugelin
- A Shortened Lesson on : What are the Tony Awards?
- List of Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theatres Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Trivia about The Prom, LGBTQ rights and Recent Data About Prom
- Lyrics from "Just Breathe"--good for class discussions or as a jumping off point
- Extension Activities--Terrific Suggestions of Ways to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
- And More!
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will. Follow Me
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!
WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.