- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 39 products (NEARLY 1,200 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thi$248.35$224.35Save $24.00
- 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains FOUR different lessons about the Broadway musicals--Wicked, A Christmas Story, The Wiz and Spongebob Squarepants. Students will come away with more knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Broadway musicals. These are great for the busy$29.00$21.60Save $7.40
- It's here! 20% OFF! Three lessons about three popular Broadway subjects--Wicked the musical, actresses and singers Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth. Looking for a seven day study? Begin with Wicked and its extension activities (individually or what a partner), then study the actresses who origi$18.50$13.60Save $4.90
- A smaller bundle for those that need it. (Musicals M to Z) 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains seven different lessons (275 pages) concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$51.50$41.20Save $10.30
- 20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains THIRTEEN different lessons (417 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and twelve concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$110.50$99.45Save $11.05
This two-day lesson concerns the award-winning Broadway musical Wicked! Students learn about its origin, creative team, songs, trivia, plot and end with an enrichment activity or assignment which can be completed individually or with partners. This lesson can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist biographies or other musical lessons.
In addition, a teacher could assign this lesson to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Note: You receive TWO versions of this product when you purchase it. One is the regular PDF and the other is digital. I divided up the student pages from the teacher’s and added answer boxes to the question/answer sheet.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Everything is provided for the busy teacher.
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Physical Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Photos from the Broadway Production
- Separate File of Slides for Teacher to Use to Lecture
- Plot of the Musical
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information concerning the composer, Steven Schwartz
- Information about the playwright, Winnie Holzman
- A Shortened Lesson on : What are the Tony Awards?
- Tony Awards it Received
- What are the Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theaters Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Quotes from the Musical--Good for Discussions and Assignments
- Extension Activities--One Pager Assignment, a Terrific Way to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience
- One Pager Templates
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
"A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!"
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.