Also included in
- 20% OFF! This bundle (86 pages, 3 weeks) of resources are focused on Mark Twain's novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer dramatized as a play by Tim Kelley. This bundle teaches not only set design and the plot of Tom Sawyer, but gives the perspective of a theatrical piece. A word wall is included too$13.60$16.00Save $2.40
- This listing is a bundle packet created for distance learning. There are 6 drama lessons-play writing, costume design, set design, play study guide and personality profile. This bundle packet can be used as an for someone home-bound, intervention, as homework, or given after dismissal for extra pra$21.70$32.75Save $11.05
Mark Twain's classic novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is an excellent story for our middle grade students to study. Here is study guide for a play version of the book. Questions for a read-aloud are included as well as questions to study the play from a theatrical perspective. Playwright, Tim Kelley was a prolific playwright and this script is a perfect example of his body of work. His plays are especially suited for middle grade students.
To purchase the version of the play which this study guide was created from, go to
This product includes:
- A Letter to the Teacher
- Short Bio. on Mark Twain
- Information about the novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--What I say and How I say it!
- Discussion Questions from a Theatrical Perspective
- Discussion Questions for a Class Read-Aloud
- Theater Vocabulary Words--34 In Total
- Theater Words Definitions
- Source Page
- Check it out here: Tom Sawyer Set Design Unit
HOW DO I USE THIS IN MY CLASSROOM? My advice is to order the scripts now so you are prepared ahead of time--by two weeks. Students in a drama class need to read plays and the best way to engage them is by reading aloud. Ask for volunteers to read until everyone feels confident in taking a turn. You will be surprised at how quickly they catch on to how to read a script. By day two, they'll be hooked!
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will: FOLLOW ME
For more products of mine, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"This is such an original and creative drama unit. It is extremely thorough and has everything I need. I think you covered all the bases. Excellent resource, I highly recommend."
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.