Use this resource to give string students the opportunity to:
- play in A major (work Hi3 and extended position)
- play along with a professional recording (reinforces listening and playing along with others)
- discuss appropriate dynamics (student can listen to recording, then decide)
- discuss appropriate bowings and articulations (only the notes are provided)
- allow string students to hear string instruments being used in a musical theater setting
All string instruments have the same part, so it can be used for any sized group.
The sheet music goes directly with the original cast recording. Recording of Dear Theodosia is not provided, but is easily available on any music streaming site and YouTube.