I made these items to build my classroom CAFE Menu, so I created this Daily 5/CAFE Cards owl/chevron themed packet so you could use it, too! I put my menu cards into little pocket charts of matching colors. Each strategy card has the same color owls as the header cards. If you prefer to have plain strategy cards, I’ve included a set of those. After we select student reading strategies, we place name cards/stickies onto their individual strategies in the pocket charts.
I use a fifth pocket chart to hold our Daily 5 Rotations. We’ve found it simpler to build a rotation schedule for our Daily 5 groups so that every child rotates through every Daily. This gives us more time for focus lessons and actual practice. All you’ll need to do is add your own student groups using either the included blank cards or sticky notes!
This set includes:
* 2 Title Cards - CAFE Menu and Daily 5
* 4 Header Cards - Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, Expand Vocabulary (Owl)
* 9 Comprehension Strategy Cards (2 sets)
* 10 Accuracy Strategy Cards (2 sets)
* 4 Fluency Strategy Cards (2 sets)
* 4 Expand Vocabulary Strategy Cards (2 sets)
* 32 Daily 5 Rotation Cards (4 each of 8 cards)
* Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, Listen to Reading, Teacher, Computers, and Round Cards
* 16 blank labels so you can write your own rotations
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. Remember, you can earn credit for your next purchase!
Thank you so much!
The Daily 5 and CAFE are trademark and copy written content of
Educational Design, LLC dba The 2 Sisters. This product is my adaptation and is not endorsed by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser.