I love Daily Five in my classroom, but it can sometimes be overwhelming to correctly set everything up at the beginning of a new year. I created this product to walk me through everything I need to do in order to correctly set-up Daily Five.
This is a great product for teachers new to Daily Five or for teachers that have used Daily Five before and want some help to keep everything organized.
This product will help you set-up all Daily Five stations in your classroom. You can pull this unit up on a Smartboard to share with students and lead your lessons each day OR print the unit off and use it as a reference just for yourself. Feel free to skip around pages and use only what you need or follow the entire product to quickly and easily set-up everything for Daily Five.
- Introduction and practice for each Daily Five Station (Read to Self, Read to Someone, Listen to Reading, Work on Writing, and Word Work)
- Building Stamina – adding more practice each day to build up to what you need
- Three Ways to Read a Book
- IPICK good fit book lessons
- EEKK Practice for Read to Someone
- Different ways to Read to Someone (I Read, You Read / Read Two Different Books / Check for Understanding)
- Read to Someone Coaching Lessons
- Coaching Bookmarks
- How to Choose a Partner for Stations
- Solutions for Problems / Questions that may arise
- And so much more!!
If you like this resource, check out my Daily Five rubric and mini-posters:
The preview for this product includes the Table of Contents, which will describe all lessons included, and the Three Ways to Read a Book pages from the product (Day One).