Daily Journal Prompts | Print & Digital Writing Activities | Google Slides
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
This product includes 40 weeks of Writing Prompts (with a total of 200 prompts). Each day of the week is a different theme:
- - Provides students with a start for writing a narrative.
- - Provides students a topic for writing a Top 10 list.
- - Provides students with a famous quote to respond to.
- - Asks students to share their thoughts/opinions on a given topic.
- - Asks students to share about a past memory or experience.
This product also includes a , , for students to use with the journal prompts and for grading student journals.
These Weekly Journal Prompts also come in 4 different formats:
- – Students glue these into their journals.
- – Students get a new sheet of prompts each week and cut out prompts for each day of the week. They can paste the prompts at the top of the page in their journals.
- – These are Google Slides or PowerPoint presentations that you can display for students. Students would then write their responses in a journal or on a provided Response Sheet
- – These are Google Slides or PowerPoint presentations, that include the prompt and a space for students to write their responses.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE ALL THE DIFFERENT OPTIONS!!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
Here’s what teachers just like you are saying about this resource:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Molly W. says, “These prompts are easily my students' favorite part of the ELA block now. Days that we have testing or for whatever reason we can't do them, we have to make them up the following day. I love how engaged they are with writing, they've been developing writing stamina, and it has helped with writing structure too.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Laura F. says, “WOW!! This resource has EVERYTHING!! I've started using it for distance learning, and there are so many options included that I can now easily transition it over to in-person learning! My 5th graders LOVE the different categories for each day, and I'm truly impressed by how many engaging writing prompts are included! :) HIGHLY recommend.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amu K. says, “I love incorporating daily writing into my language program. These daily writing topics allow them to focus on the prompt and brush up on their writing skills. I love that each day of a week is something different. Having a digital and a paper option is a bonus! Thank you!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amber T. says, “My students do these every morning in their writing journals. I love how each day has a different category! It keeps the students engaged and from getting bored with writing! My favorite category is the Words of Wisdom Wednesday. It really makes the students think critically!”