Looking for a quick and easy way to review Language Arts skills from Day 1? You've found it! This set of fourth grade daily Language Arts questions can be used all year long to review reading, editing, writing, word analysis, and research skills! The best part is that this resource is completely editable so you can make it work for you and your classroom!
Each week, students will complete a 5-question worksheet to review word analysis, reading, editing, and research/writing skills, as well as answer a passage-based reading question. With 36 weeks included, that's 180 questions! No two questions are the same, so that your students are getting fresh content to review each day!
This resource is perfect for spiral review. The pages are divided into 4 sets so you can easily use them through the school year. Students start by reviewing 3rd grade skills and move into 4th grade standards as the year moves on! And since they're editable, you can use the included pacing guides to move questions around to accommodate your teaching schedule.
• ready-to-use PDF (includes 36 worksheets, answer keys, and pacing guides)
• 4 sets of 100% editable worksheets (one per quarter)
• editable answer keys
• editable pacing guides
• suggestions for use
What Skills Are Reviewed?
• word analysis/vocabulary skills (synonyms, antonyms, homophones, prefixes, suffixes, root words, context clues, multiple meaning words, syllabication, word reference sources)
• editing skills (grammar, punctuation, and spelling)
• writing (selecting an audience and purpose, narrowing the topic, writing topic sentences, etc.)
• media messages
• fiction, literary nonfiction, and poetry (predicting, identifying the theme, summarizing, inferring, identifying cause and effect, etc.)
• nonfiction (explaining the author's purpose, drawing conclusions, identifying facts and opinions, using text features, etc.)
Check out the preview to get a better look at what's included and to get a free sample of week 7!
Supports selected 2017 3rd and 4th Grade Virginia English SOLs. See the preview to see the pacing guide and which skills are included.
Thanks for visiting my store!
Please click here to see more Reading SOL resources!