How can you ensure that students are reviewing previously taught math skills without using a lot of precious class time or adding more to your workload? This low-prep resource is a perfect way to easily have students review decimal number sense concepts! Use it during your decimals unit or save it to use as spiral review throughout the school year!
This resource contains 30 questions covering place value, rounding, comparing, and ordering of decimals (through the thousandths place), as well as identifying equivalent decimals and fractions. They are written like word problems, with several problems incorporating tables, pictures, grids, and number lines.
What Skills Are Covered?
• reading, writing, and representing decimals in standard and written form
• identifying the place and value of digits in a decimal
• rounding decimals to the nearest whole number
• comparing decimals
• ordering decimals
• determining decimal and fraction equivalents
How Can I Use This?
• use one problem a day as a quick warm-up or exit ticket (you can easily project or print the slides)
• print and solve in math interactive notebooks
• print and use like a set of task cards for a small group/whole class review activity
• pull specific questions to use with students who need extra practice
• 30 colorful slides with one question each
• 30 printer-friendly pages with black-and-white questions (printed multiple questions per page to save paper)
• student recording sheet
• answer key
• suggestions for preparation and use
This resource is aligned with Virginia Math SOL 4.3, but will work in any classroom.
CLICK HERE to see more daily word problem sets!
Thanks for visiting my store!
Need this for whole numbers? CLICK HERE.