Daily Math Warm Up - Number of the Day for 4th and 5th Grade
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Do your students need extra practice understanding numbers 1,000 through 1,000,000? Then the digital number of the day activity is just right for them!
It's an awesome math warm-up that walks your students through 5 daily tasks to build number sense within 1,000,000. Each Google Slide focuses on one number for the day.
This awesome pack contains 180 Google Slides that can easily be assigned to your students inside of Google Classroom™.
These slides are grouped into 3 sets by number groups.
- Set 1 - 60 slides that focus on random 4-digit numbers between 1,000 and 10,000
- Set 2- 60 slides that focus on random 5-digit numbers between 10,000 and 100,000
- Set 3- 60 slides that focus on random 6-digit numbers between 100,000 and 1,000,000
I recommend using this as a daily warm-up activity. Have students complete one activity per day.
- Decompose the Number- students drag and drop number discs to breakdown the number of the day
- Expand It!- students find the expanded form of the number and type the missing numbers.
- Number Name - students type the number name
- Round It! - students round the number of the day to the nearest 100, 1,000, 10,000 or 100,000
- More or Less! - students identify a number greater than and less than the number of the day.
This simple digital activity can be used in the following ways:
- math warm-up
- morning work
- independent practice
- distance learning
- early finisher activity
Because of the nature of these slides, no answer key is provided.