AN ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR of daily sentence correction aligned to the 4th grade Language Arts CCSS! Five DOL booklets (each 8 weeks long in length) take your students through 40 weeks of daily sentence correction!
(This bundle is equivalent to buying 4 booklets and getting one FREE!)
Books 1 & 2: Students correct 3 sentences each day.
Books 3 & 4: Students correct 3 sentences each day for 4 days/week and correct one paragraph per week.
Book 5: Students correct 3 sentence each day for 3 days/week, one paragraph per week, and one CCSS-aligned language activity per week.
A CCSS-alignment guide is included so teachers can track what standards are being addressed each day. Rounding out the unit is an answer key to make things as simple as possible for the teacher!
The booklets can be printed with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday OR Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 at the top.
To assemble: Copy booklet pages and the cover. Stack, cut, and staple! The student booklets are a half-page in size.
Also available is the supplemental Quiz Set BUNDLE aligned to the 4th grade common core. After each week of DOL, students complete a quiz that targets that week's learning.
Daily Oral Language (DOL) Quiz Set BUNDLE: Aligned to the 4th Grade Common Core
4th grade Language CCSS addressed include:
• L.4.1.B form and use progressive verb tenses
• L.4.1.D order adjectives correctly (small, red bag NOT red, small bag)
• L.4.1.F recognize and correct sentence fragments and run-ons
• L.4.1.G use correct spelling of frequently-confused words (to, too, two)
• L.4.2.A use correct capitalization
• L.4.2.B correctly use commas and quotation marks
• L.4.2.C use commas in compound sentences
• L.4.2.D use correct spelling of grade-appropriate words
• L.4.4.A use context as a clue to the meaning of an unknown word or phrase
• L.4.5.B explain the meaning od common idioms, adages, and proverbs
Friday language activities include:
1) combining 3 sentences into 1
2) replacing common nouns with propers nouns
3) underlining the adjective and verb in a sentence
4) explaining common figures of speech
5) determining past, present, and future
Answer keys included.
The BUNDLE is comprised of the following booklets:
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 4th Grade - BOOK 1
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 4th Grade - BOOK 2
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 4th Grade - BOOK 3
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 4th Grade - BOOK 4
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 4th Grade - BOOK 5