AN ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR of daily sentence correction aligned to the 5th grade Language CCSS! Five DOL booklets (8 weeks long in length) take your students through 40 weeks of daily sentence correction!
(This bundle is equivalent to buying 4 booklets and getting one FREE!)
Books 1 & 2: Students correct 3 sentences per day.
Book 3: Students correct 3 sentences for 3 days/week, and correct one short paragraph one day/week.
Books 4 & 5: Students correct 3 sentences a day for 3 days/week, correct a short paragraph on the fourth day, and complete a short CCSS-aligned language activity on the fifth day.
A CCSS-alignment guide is included so teachers can track what standards are being addressed each day. Rounding out the unit is an answer key, to make things as simple as possible for the teacher!
The booklets can be printed with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday OR Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 at the top.
Also available is the SUPPLEMENTAL QUIZ SET BUNDLE aligned to the DOL 5th Grade BUNDLE:
Daily Oral Language (DOL): Quiz Set BUNDLE: Aligned to 5th Grade Common Core
Learning targets addressed include:
• L.5.1.D recognize and correct inappropriate changes in verb tense
• L.5.1.E use correlative conjunctions (either/or, neither/nor)
• L.5.2.A use commas to separate items in a series
• L.5.2.B use a comma to separate an introductory element from the rest of the sentence
• L.5.2.C use a comma to set off Yes, and No, and to set off a tag question It’s true, isn’t it? and to indicate address Hi, Steve!
• L.5.2.D use underlining, quotation marks, or italics to indicate titles
• L.5.2.E spell grade-appropriate words correctly
• L.5.3.A expand, combine, and reduce sentences for meaning, reader/listener interest, and style
PLUS Skill review from 4th grade (which never hurts!)
• spell grade-appropriate words correctly
• correct spelling of frequently-confused words (too, to, two / they’re, there, their)
• recognize and correct sentence fragments and run-ons
• use correct capitalization
• order adjectives correctly (small, red apple NOT red, small apple)
• use commas in compound sentences
• correctly use commas and quotation marks
The BUNDLE is comprised of the following 5 booklets:
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BOOK 1
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BOOK 2
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BOOK 3
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BOOK 4
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BOOK 5
More Quiz Sets and Daily Oral Language booklets for grades 2-5 can be found in my store!