This is the 4th booklet of daily sentence correction aligned to the 5th grade Common Core! The booklet is 8 weeks in length. A Common Core alignment guide is included so teachers can track what standards are being addressed each day. Rounding out the unit is an answer key, to make things as simple as possible for the teacher!
Days 1-3: Students correct 3 sentences.
Day 4: Students correct a short paragraph.
Day 5: Students complete a CCSS-aligned language activity.
Updated! A full page version is now available in this download! Upon opening the zip file, simply select the original booklet or the file labeled Whole Page.
This booklet can be printed with the day of the week at the top, or you can choose to print the booklet with Day 41, Day 42 at the top. This is especially useful if you don't do DOL everyday!
To make the booklet, just copy, stack, cut, and staple!
Also available is the supplemental Quiz Set aligned to DOL Book 4:
DOL Quiz Set 4
Learning targets addressed include:
• L.5.1.D recognize and correct inappropriate changes in verb tense
• L.5.1.E use correlative conjunctions (either/or, neither/nor)
• L.5.2.A use commas to separate items in a series
• L.5.2.B use a comma to separate an introductory element from the rest of the sentence
• L.5.2.C use a comma to set of Yes, and No, and to set off a tag question It’s true, isn’t it? and to indicate address Hi, Steve!
• L.5.2.D use underlining, quotation marks, or italics to indicate titles
• L.5.2.E spell grade-appropriate words correctly
• L.5.3.A expand, combine, and reduce sentences for meaning, reader/listener interest, and style
PLUS Skill review from 4th grade (which never hurts!)
• spell grade-appropriate words correctly
• correct spelling of frequently-confused words (too, to, two / they’re, there, their)
• recognize and correct sentence fragments and run-ons
• use correct capitalization
• order adjectives correctly (small, red apple NOT red, small apple)
• use commas in compound sentences
• correctly use commas and quotation marks
This quick, daily sentence correction is a powerful way to correct and influence student writing!
Check out the rest of the booklets in the series!
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BUNDLE
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BOOK 1
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BOOK 2
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BOOK 3
Daily Oral Language (DOL): 5th Grade - BOOK 5
More Quiz Sets and Daily Oral Language booklets for grades 2-5 can be found in my store!
5th Grade DOL booklets & quizzes