Daily Reading Morning Work Grades 2 - 3
2nd - 3rd
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
My students were always eager to see what was coming next in the story and we had great discussions after we read the story.
This resource is very easily laid out and fun to go along with. I like that the story is broken up over 5 days to make it more comprehensible, but also still have good questions to go with each day.
Also included in
- This is an exciting daily reading practice resource that supports:Learning about diversityGrowth Mindset skills that build empathyDaily reading comprehension practiceDifferentiated learningDIGITAL VERSION AVAILABLE!This set of The Daily Reading Morning Work is now available in a GOOGLE CLASSROOM VERPrice $40.00Original Price $50.00Save $10.00
This is an exciting daily reading practice resource that supports:
- Learning about diversity
- Growth Mindset skills that build empathy
- Daily reading comprehension practice
- Differentiated learning
DIGITAL VERSION AVAILABLE!
- This set of The Daily Reading Morning Work is now available in a GOOGLE CLASSROOM VERSION included in this download!
- This Google Version is complete with Digital text boxes and answer marks for students to drag and respond. COMPLETELY ready to go!
To see the BUNDLE for this grade level CLICK THE LINK HERE.
- Use them as bell work at the beginning of the school day.
- Use them as a warm-up to reading during your reading workshop.
- Use them as ‘exit slips’ at the end of the school day or reading workshop.
- Place them in a literacy center for comprehension.
- Use them in guided reading as a quick warm-up to the lesson.
- Send them home for extra practice and support!
- Have students work in partners or small groups to complete their daily work.
- Use them for tutoring.
- And any other way you see this working for your unique schedule and student needs!
- This resource is designed for your students to receive just a few minutes a day of extra practice with key comprehension skills they need to be successful, independent readers and thinkers.
- These quick daily practice pages are perfect for ensuring that what you are teaching and modeling in class about reading is sticking with your kids!
- Through these daily practice pages, you can ensure students are spending time thinking about their reading and practicing these very important skills!
- An ‘I Can’ statement with a helpful reading comprehension reminder.
- An original story for each week. Stories are broken into 5 sections, so that students read a different part of the story each day of the week.
- A custom illustration to match each day.
- A challenge activity.
- A ‘Pro Tip’ for students to think deeper about the comprehension focus
- Two multiple-choice questions about the passage that are related to the mini-lesson focus statement.
- One open-ended question about the comprehension skill.
There are for grades 2-3 included in this set, enough for an entire month!
Download the free preview to see more!
Copyright © 2018 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
You can find this resource inside the membership by CLICKING HERE
Interested in becoming a member? LEARN MORE HERE
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.